I have a lot of experience with support workers and this is a great description. If this guy lived in my country I would be begging for him to be included in our team!
What does good support look like ?
Good support can and will look different to everyone and the root to good support is to always make it person centred.
What is Person centred ?
Person centred is a different way of doing things and thinking – Putting the individual and their families at the centre of all support. Working in partnership with others to get the best outcomes for the individual and family.
- Respecting the individuals values and putting the person at the centre of support
- Taking in to account the individuals preferences, needs, wants and wishes
- Coordinating the support
- Making sure the support provided is regularly reviewed
- Inclusion of family and friends
- Working together with other support services
- Good communication and listening skills
- Advocate, educate and facilitate
- Freedom of choice
Benefits of using person centred approaches
- Greater control over their own life
- To be listened to and…
View original post 361 more words