This much (2 whole people) requested recipe from my last post Moving Forward. The original was sourced on Best Recipes.com.au by my support worker F.
Pumpkin and Sweetcorn Soup
Serves 6. I’m on my 4th bowl and 6 other people have had bowls, and there is still some left.
- 1 k (or a little more) pumpkin – I used butternut
- 2 onions – wear gloves and glasses to chop
- 2 x 420g can cream style canned corn –I knew she read the original wrong but this worked
- 60g butter -real butter is in the house thanks to this.
- 1/2 cup cream – I used thickened
- 3 1/2 cup chicken stock (liquid) – I didn’t do this weird at all
- Cut pumpkin & onion into chunks.
- Combine pumpkin, onion and butter in large pot.
- Cook on high for a total of 3 minutes, stirring until butter coats the veggies then leave covered.
- Add chicken stock, cover and cook 15 to 25 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Take off heat and puree.
- Stir in corn and cream.
- The original recipe suggested reheating we didn’t need to.
Normal humans may wish seasoning. That’s why I need to make more of my own food.
The following miscreants refused to try my soup: